AM, CPA, PMP|
Project Clients & Past Employers
- PacifiCare - (Health insurance providing subsidiary of the $81B publicly listed United Healthcare Group)
- Siemens Water Technologies - (Water Service Providing subsidiary of the €77B publicly listed Siemens global conglomerate)
- Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. - ($6B publicly listed Technology and BPO Outsourcing Service Provider)
- Allergan - ($4.3B publicly listed specialty pharmaceutical company)
- UTi Worldwide - ($4.3B publicly listed logistics and supply chain services company)
- Apria Healthcare - ($1.5B healthcare products company, part of the publicly listed Blackstone Group portfolio of companies)
- Scan Health Plan - ($300M Senior Medicare HMO)
- Kraco Enterprises, LLC - ($140M private equity owned distributor of auto accessories)
- Breg, Inc. - ($130M private equity owned manufacturer and distributor of medical bracing devices and cold therapy kits)
- PeopleSupport - (A $100M multi-national subsidiary of Aegis, a publicly listed BPO and eCRM Service Provider)
- Autobytel - ($85M publicly listed online automobile services company)
- Reliable Wholesale Lumber, Inc. - ($70M family owned wholesale lumber provider)
- Outdoor Channel - ($50M publicly listed television station)
- SeniorBridge Family Companies - ($50M private provider of healthcare services)
- HireRight - ($50M subsidiary of publicly listed US Investigation Services providing pre-employment background screening services)
- Hycor Biomedical, Inc. - ($25M manufacturer of urinalysis equipment and supplies)
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLP (Clients included: Exxon Mobil Corporation, MCI Telecommunications Company, Dallas Stars Hockey Club)
Functional Finance & Accounting Experience
Financial Reporting & General Accounting
- Hands on and supervisory controllership experience for various large and small companies, including G/L, A/P, A/R, fixed assets, collections, payroll, tax and treasury functions.
- Directed and participated in month-end and year-end closing processes for a variety of companies, assuring the timeliness and accuracy of data including developing accruals, reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries.
- Assisted in SEC reporting, including preparation for 2 secondary stock offerings and the company's 8-K and MD&A. Liaised with internal management and external auditors to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance of financial statements.
- Participated in S-1 initial public offering registration statement preparation:
- Prepared initial IPO documents, including the S-1 and financial statements contained within.
- Worked with the Corporate Development team to identify and document the risk factors the company faced, key management personnel and the challenges they faced.
- Identified and documented the key financial metrics of the company and prepared the S-1 Management's Discussion and Analysis.
- Worked with the Legal Department to identify and document any potential legal issues or concerns the company may face.
- Prepared monthly Board of Director packages, delivered financial presentations, prepared monthly financial review packages and variance analysis.
- Managed both domestic and international financial reporting, including the consolidation of Philippine and Estonian entities.
- Experienced in revenue recognition policies, including recognition as required by FAS 101.
- Prepared going concern analysis in relation to fiscal year end audit.
- Prepared asset-based accounts receivable and inventory loan availability projections.
- Prepared monthly borrowing base calculations on asset-based loans.
- Prepared goodwill and intangible assets impairment analysis according to ASC 350 and ASC 360.
- Designed call center reporting packages to summarize the financial results as well as provide a forecast and key operating metrics for use in understanding the company's profitability and growth opportunities.
- Prepared detailed financial reports as required by healthcare industry governmental regulatory agencies.
- Managed financial process of application to the Medicare + Choice Federal Government Healthcare Program, including the company's financial feasibility study and financial reporting.
Financial Audit, Internal Controls & Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- External audit background in the oil and gas, telecommunications, insurance services, healthcare and manufacturing industry sectors for both private and public companies.
- Designed and conducted physical inventory audits, including verification to supporting purchase documents.
- Managed Scope Analysis, Risk Assessment, Identification of significant financial statement accounts and Key processes.
- Generated SOX narratives and flowcharts for the following sub processes:
- General Accounting & Close Process
- Financial Reporting
- Fixed Assets
- Income Tax
- Entity-Wide Controls
- Established key control matrix, drafted narratives and coordinated appropriate testing with internal and external auditors.
- Performed testing of key financial and disclosure controls documenting results, gap analysis and recommendations for remediation.
- Developed anti-fraud program risk matrix and testing.
- Successfully remediated multiple prior year material weaknesses at high-risk client.
- Successfully integrated internal controls into a material acquired subsidiary.
- Enhanced controls around bad debt write-offs and credit authorizations resulting in the decrease of bad debts from approximately $1M to less than $200,000.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Hands-on and supervisory experience preparing annual operating plans, budgets and forecasts for multiple companies, utilizing top-down, bottom-up, zero-based and incremental budgeting methods.
- Provided financial analysis and document management on private equity investments, including $50M and $12.2M rounds at separate entities.
- Led a bankruptcy prevention program, including the negotiation of a 50% discount on $500,000 of outstanding vendor payables, a 60% discount on $4.2M of strategic debt and a re-negotiation of a $4M bank line of credit which resulted in the company's immediate achievement of positive cash flow.
- Managed treasury function, including cash flow forecasting, funds management and short-term investments.
- Performed financial and operational acquisition due diligence, including valuation analysis on the buy side of potential acquisitions.
- Developed comprehensive 5-year financial models for potential client contracts and acquisition targets.
- Prepared detailed analysis for company transition from non-profit entity to a publicly traded corporation, including valuation analysis and employee stock option plan.
- Prepared detailed cash flow forecasts and operating and capital budgets.
- Developed financial models for use in contract pricing, capacity utilization and staffing utilization.
- Prepared plans for company's risk management, including liability and property insurance.
- Designed and implemented multiple sales compensation plans that adequately reflected the profitability concerns of the company while giving proper incentives to the sales force at a start-up entity which grew from approximately $2M to more than $20M in annual revenues.
- Over 15,000 hours of experience in all phases of cross-functional project management, including project scoping, initiation, planning, budgeting, executing and signing off on deliverables.
- Experience encompasses a diverse range of projects including process reengineering, integration of offices, regulatory compliance, internal controls, due diligence, audit and mergers & acquisitions.
- Project managed the post-acquisition integration of the accounting function of a business unit asset purchase including the monthly accounting transition, beginning balance sheet valuation and unit results reporting.
- Project managed the due diligence on an acquisition candidate as an asset purchase out of bankruptcy court, including asset validation and deliverable of findings documentation to executives.
- Project managed Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for a public company, including the scoping and planning of internal controls compliance, project cost management and ensured project costs remained within budget.
- Acted as Project Manager for a business unit carve-out for potential sale including allocation of balance sheet and certain income statement items based on business unit product.
- Project managed the receipt of due diligence documentation for a client acquisition ensuring completeness of requested documents in a tight timeline.
Business Process Re-Engineering
- Implemented accounting group relocation from San Francisco to Dallas, including project management, and headcount reductions resulting in annual savings of more than $200,000.
- Centralized regional SG&A accounting team from Colorado to California and 3 subsidiary teams to corporate headquarters.
- Designed custom billing engine to automate process of importing data into multiple systems software, including the company's financial accounts receivable system.
Systems Expertise: Selected Detail
- Certified Microsoft Office Specialist - Excel 2003
- Advanced Level Excel User including graphing presentations (charts, trend lines, axis scales, multiple charts), conditional formatting, data validation (dropdown list, and warning error message), filter (auto filter, advanced filter), data consolidation, subtotal, pivot tables, usage of analytical tools (Goal Seeker) defining scenario and tracing dependents, financial functions (PMT, FV, PV, NPV, RATE, and IRR), logical and nested functions (IF, AND, OR, and NOT functions in formulas), string, date, and time functions, worksheet sharing and protection, and customization of toolbars.
- Completed training on PowerPoint 2007
- Proficient Level PowerPoint User including creating slide masters, working with templates and layouts, inserting objects (pictures, symbols, charts, sound), creating graphs and organization charts, working with embedded and/or linked objects, slide transition and animation as well as creating and running slide shows.
- Managed conversion from QuickBooks to MAS-90
- Designed and wrote initial business unit and consolidated financials using FRX
- Migrated company financial systems from Mas-90 to Epicor eBackoffice
- Performed G/L account mapping and structure for initial system setup
- Working experience with the following packages: Oracle, Solomon, Mircrosoft AX, ManFact, Syspro, Best Fixed Assets and FRX Report-Writer.
Education & Credentials
- University of Michigan, BBA - Accounting and Finance
- CPA, Texas
- Project Management Institute, PMP (Project Management Professional)
888.595.5600 or email@example.com